Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Lamb in Silence

You’ve been mighty quiet lately.
A choice.
Oh?  What did the other guy look like?
A judge.  You wouldn’t approve. 
But not you.
Observation is different.
Because it’s voiceless?
Silent.  Out of the equation.
Totally?  Not a thought left behind?
Let me think about that.
Ah, touched a nerve...
I’m not without feeling!
Just above expressing it.
See, that is so …
What? 
Nothing. Forget I said anything.
Well, you didn’t say much.
Details won’t help.
You’re so sure.
I am pretty sure!  Why poke the bear?
He might lick your hand.
You don’t know many bears, do you.
So, you’re afraid? Of "bears," I mean.
It isn’t fear, to just know better.
Necessarily.
Why not simply let things go?
If you DO let go.
Let go — for now.
But stashed?  For later, I mean.
Some things I just know.  They don’t just disappear.
Indeed!
Truth is truth. 
Then why not say so?
That’s a ME thing.
More me than you, apparently.
And here you are.
Gravel, stuck in your craw.
Your point?
The birth of a pearl, perchance.
Or a kidney stone.
Now that would be a bad choice.
Maybe choice was the wrong word.
Wrong?  
Inaccurate.
Do choose your words carefully.
Or just shut up!  It’s an option.
Parsing helps.
Done talking here! 
Obviously.  Observe that.






No comments:

Post a Comment